Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's hot in Phoenix, and cool in Sacramento.

I returend home from my trip to Phoenix to visit my Grandmother and her husbend Dale who is not my Grandfather. To bring you up to speed on things My Grandfather died in 2002 wi'll I was deployed to Okinawa. I was able to fly home to the funneral and visit my family. A few years later, she remarried Dale a man she meet in here winter home of Mesa Az. I did not like the Idea of this and really havent spokin to her sence she remarried. I did not like the idea of her with another man and the fact that she had changed her last name from Culpepper to Kunze. My dad and I had felt the same about the hole thing and felt as if she had discraced my grandfather and all they had bilt together over 60 years together. She sold ther home in Mesa and had bought a new home with Dale. She did not come back to Oregon for the summer insted she would go to Minnasota with Dale to his home. I had asked her for some things of my Grandfather and she would not give them to me. So I stoped talking to her and really did not want anything to do with her anymore. Over time my dad had made peace with her but I was not ready to do so. A few weeks ago she and Dale were in a vary saver car wrecke and she was not well. My folks had told me they were going to fly down and see her last week. I had decide it was time for me to make peace and decided I should go with them. I was vary unsher of how I would handle being around her and Dale but figered with Mom and Dad there it would be a little easyer to handle. My grandmaother is still in a recovery center not far from ware they livr in Mesa she is still in bad shape but getting better. Dale is a vary nice man and I could see he really care's for my Grandmother and wants whats best for her and is not trying to take over for my grandfather. It was good for me to see. The weather was HOT and I mean Hot. they do not use AC in there home and keep it vary warm all year which was hard on me, I tend to like it cool because my med's tend to make me sweat alot in the heat. I didn't sleep vary well on there coach and have been sore all weekend. I was vary happy to see my bed when I got home today. Well it back to work in the morring so I'm off to bed.

No comments: